[opensuse-marketing] Texas Linux Fest
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:56:08 -0400
Guys,

Here is my report for the Texas Linux Fest.

I showed up at 7am, because I was told what when we could set up.
Vendor couldn't set up until 9am. So since I was early didn't have a
lot to do. I helped out set up tables and anything else they asked me
to do.

Once we got everything set up, I got the table set up.

Doors opened at 10am, we had over 300+ people. I had over 400 11.1
disc and 110 11.2 DVD, some t-shirts, stickers and ipod cord holders.
I was able to pass out all them by 5:00pm.

In between handling out stuff. I answer a lot question about openSUSE.
Here are the most poplar questions that were asked...

* When is 11.3 coming out?
* Why should I try openSUSE over Ubuntu?
* What makes openSUSE stand out over the other Distros.
* What is the differences between openSUSE and SLE.
* Webyast vs. Webmin ( only because they were their)

I had other questions, a quick summary... what is open Li-f-e,
Autoyast vs. Spacewalk, drivers for media, and can you help with NV
Drivers.

This was the first Texas Linux Fest and the folks did a great job.
When the event was over, I went to dinner with folks from IBM, Webmin,
and TLF. Next year if I get to go back, we are talking about doing a
birds of the feathers for openSUSE users.

I have posted some photos on my facebook page and I will be adding a
video shortly that a summary of the day.

openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.