Re: [opensuse-marketing] New Planet openSUSE setup, continued
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 07:36:51 +0100
On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 07:56 +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote:
As introduced in
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-marketing/2010-03/msg00163.html

Updated version (same URL):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2940942/planet_opensuse_draft/index.html

Done:
* improved style
* proper feed list (on a separate page)
* vim-like keyboard navigation (j, k)
* hackergotchis and speaking bubbles on the right (matter of taste, I guess)
* tested on w3m (works great)
* the feed list aggregates feeds by name

TODO:
* put it into git/svn
* test + fix with more browsers, although I already had positive reports from
many, including mobile browsers (elastic/fluid layout rocks after all ;))
* non-English planets
* a mobile browser optimised page (to be discussed, ideas/feedback is more
than welcome, I don't own such a thing)
* integrate the nice Planet SUSE logo [1] made by jimmac (still waiting for
the SVG, *prod* *prod* ;))

[1]http://planet.opensuse.org/planet-suse.png

Feedback is more than welcome, as always.

cheers

Looks great, and I like the separate feed page. Would it be worth
adding a way for people to get their blog added? Either a link to
contact or maybe even a form with the required fields?

Just a thought,

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa, openSUSE Member: FunkyPenguin.
PGP: 0x3A36312F