Re: [opensuse-marketing] New Planet openSUSE setup (draft)
  • From: Ricardo Varas Santana <ricardoivaras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:32:06 -0400
On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Pascal Bleser
<pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been hacking on a new openSUSE planet aggregator installment these days
(the current one being planet.opensuse.org).

If you're interested, please have a look at the current draft and send me
feedback: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2940942/planet_opensuse_draft/index.html

Yes, I know, it's not finished:
* currently missing the non-English versions
* the feed list on the right is not properly styled yet
* probably needs more testing with aggregated content that contains funky tags
* only tested with Firefox 3.6
* not tested with text mode browsers (lynx, w3m) yet either

It's based on Robert Lihm [1]'s Bento theme [2] template, which is currently
in the works and will be used for the openSUSE wiki, build service, etc... But
as I personally hate fixed layouts with a vengeance, I made an elastic version
of it for Planet openSUSE #2

On a side note, it uses rawdog [3], which is what Planet KDE [4] is using, big
up to Jonathan Riddell [5] for the customising I was able to reuse (and fork
slightly) ;)

[1]http://en.opensuse.org/User:Rlihm
[2]http://en.opensuse.org/Boosters_Team/Projects/Integrate_all_Infrastructure_under_one_Umbrella
[3]http://offog.org/code/rawdog.html
[4]http://www.planetkde.org/
[5]http://jriddell.org/

cheers
--
 -o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 /\\ http://opensuse.org -- I took the green pill

Hi Pascal,

I have just tested it with Arora and Opera (10.10), both render well.

I am not sure of how better it is to set the icon to the right, maybe
it is much familiar to put it on the left side of post. I am thinking
that in case you don't know who's posting and it would take to look
far right to find out his/her picture.

Bests,

--
Ricardo Varas Santana
openSUSE Member, Ambassador, and Translator.