Re: [opensuse-marketing] New Planet openSUSE setup (draft)
  • From: Ricardo Varas Santana <ricardoivaras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:32:06 -0400
On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Pascal Bleser
<pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been hacking on a new openSUSE planet aggregator installment these days
(the current one being

If you're interested, please have a look at the current draft and send me

Yes, I know, it's not finished:
* currently missing the non-English versions
* the feed list on the right is not properly styled yet
* probably needs more testing with aggregated content that contains funky tags
* only tested with Firefox 3.6
* not tested with text mode browsers (lynx, w3m) yet either

It's based on Robert Lihm [1]'s Bento theme [2] template, which is currently
in the works and will be used for the openSUSE wiki, build service, etc... But
as I personally hate fixed layouts with a vengeance, I made an elastic version
of it for Planet openSUSE #2

On a side note, it uses rawdog [3], which is what Planet KDE [4] is using, big
up to Jonathan Riddell [5] for the customising I was able to reuse (and fork
slightly) ;)

 -o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 /\\ -- I took the green pill
 _\_v FOSDEM::6+7 Feb 2010, Brussels,

Hi Pascal,

I have just tested it with Arora and Opera (10.10), both render well.

I am not sure of how better it is to set the icon to the right, maybe
it is much familiar to put it on the left side of post. I am thinking
that in case you don't know who's posting and it would take to look
far right to find out his/her picture.

Ricardo Varas Santana
openSUSE Member, Ambassador, and Translator.