Re: [opensuse-marketing] New Planet openSUSE setup (draft)
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:01:13 +0100
On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 09:37 +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote:

Looks very good, clean and slick. It displays fairly well on my Android
phone (Motorola Milestone) but doesn't seem to have a mobile optimised
layout. Is it worth looking at doing that or not? If not I'm not too
bothered as it is very readable and the layout is easy to navigate.

Seems to work great on Opera Mini too.

We can also produce optimised layouts by either using explicit URLs or having
Apache/lighttpd sort out which static HTML file to serve depending on the
browser's User Agent tag.

Only problem is that I don't have an Android so... ;)
But if someone sends me diffs, I'll happily apply them.

Would you need to implement a different layout for all mobile browsers?
I would have thought just having a generic mobile layout would have been
sufficient, but then again wtf do I know :-)

Regards,

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa, openSUSE Member: FunkyPenguin.
PGP: 0x3A36312F