[opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-factory] Milestone 4 Announcement Review
  • From: Andrea Florio <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:33:33 +0100

I think you should add something about lxde. The most important change
is that we now finally switched to pcmanfm 0.9.x / libfm with thousands
of improvments

Andrea

Il 24/03/2010 17:40, Andreas Jaeger ha scritto:
I'd like to see Milestone 4 announced tomorrow and have drafted the following
announcement. Please review it and send me suggestions on improving the
text.
If you want to rewrite it completely, I'm fine as well ;)

I'd like to see from packagers a few more details on the major packaging
changes, enhancements are welcome.

Thanks,
Andreas

[Graphic: Geeko at work from MIlestone3]

The fourth of seven scheduled milestone releases for 11.3 was completed and
released on schedule. Milestone 4 focuses on switching to upstart as init
daemon.

Here's what you may find interesting in the new release:

* OpenOffice.Org has been updated to 3.2.1 Beta1
* NetworkManager was updated to version 0.8
* cups has been updated to version 1.4.2
* The conntrack - network filtering system has been added
* The mono stack has been updated to version 2.6.3
* Python was updated to version 2.6.5 RC 2
* samba was updated to version 3.5.1
* The Moblin team has started with the integration of the Moblin UI into
the distribution and plan to have everything ready for the next milestone

Gnome/GTK desktop users:

* GNOME has been updated to the GNOME 2.30 release candidate (2.39.92)

KDE desktop users:

* KDE has been updated to version 4.4.1.
* Amarok is now at version 2.3.
* k3b is updated to version 1.91.

Testing! Testing! Testing!

As this is a milestone release, 11.3 milestone 4 does contain bugs that we
know about, but should not stand between courageous contributors and release
testing.

You can track the most annoying bugs on the wiki along with 11.3 development.
If you want to make sure 11.3 final is free of annoying bugs, we’ll need your
help finding, reporting, and fixing those hidden bugs.

To learn more about testing openSUSE, visit the Testing pages on the openSUSE
wiki. To follow the testing and development process, we suggest that you
subscribe to the openSUSE-Factory mailing list (Subscribe | Help | Archives)
and join the #openSUSE-Factory channel on Freenode to discuss openSUSE
development.

The next openSUSE Milestone is scheduled to be released on Thursday, March
the
25th, with additional new features and bug fixes.
Get Milestone 4 Today!

What are you waiting for? Grab the milestone release from
software.opensuse.org/developer today!

- --
Andrea Florio
QSI International School of Brindisi Sys Admin
CISCO CCNA Certified
openSUSE-Education Administrator
openSUSE Official Member (anubisg1)
Email: andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx