Re: [opensuse-marketing] Revitalization of Weekly News Team
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 23:04:52 +0100
On Thursday 18 March 2010 13:56:27 Naruhiko Ogasawara wrote:
[...]
I know, it is tough work to editors; not only choosing article from
lots of sources, but also find the part which should be quoted.
I cannot say to pay extra cost to anyone. Now I'm thinking...
sorry.

That might be a very critical point you're scratching there.

Do the editors have problems in general to find interesting things to include
?

Maybe we should work towards having a more "inversion of control" approach
(sorry, I'm a software developer, I couldn't resist ;D), also called the
"Hollywood principle": "don't call me, I'll call you".
What I mean is that we work to evolve the flow from the current situation,
which is:
editors are subscribed to a lot of channels to pick out interesting things
to this:
the people who create the content and do the "interesting things" push
information to the OWN editors.

It would obviously require some time, especially for people to get used to the
idea of doing a little bit of extra work (= pushing things to the OWN
editors), but it might help in finding more content, and making the life of
OWN editors a bit easier.

[...]
Sorry my poor English and long mail, but I hope it helps activate the
discussion.

Your English is great, thanks for your contribution :)

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
/\\ http://opensuse.org -- I took the green pill