Re: [opensuse-marketing] feedback for promotion DVD`s from Open SuSE
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:36:01 +0100
On Sunday 14 March 2010 08:39:11 Peter Michl wrote:
Hello Open SuSE friends,

Hi Peter

I just want to give a feedback on the promotion DVD`s I received from Open
SuSE. First of all, I work with this DVD`s at school and the pupils have
the choice to receive one to work at home with it. Lots of pupils want
them, because it is a great opportunity to repeat at home with the same
stuff as at school.
I got a lot of askings to give them to pupils who I don`t have to teach,
but the interrest on the DVD`s is very great. So other teachers asked me
to give them a bunch of DVD`s for their pupils.

Now I have only a few DVD`s (about 30) from 200 I received. Thank you very
much for this support. I`ll spread the word for Open SuSE further on,
because I think this is the right way to get people in touch with Open
SuSE.

So, basically... are you asking for more DVDs or not ? :)

Spreading openSUSE (or Linux in general) in schools is indeed a very
interesting initiative, as I believe we're all convinced that one of the main
reasons for the market dominance of MS Windows comes from the fact that it's
the only thing that most people know and have ever used, with a large effect
coming from the few courses of MS Office or whatever they've had at school.

Could you maybe tell us a bit more about it, what they use most, whether there
are things they have problems with, ... ?
How old are those pupils ?
What about http://en.opensuse.org/Education ? :)

Thanks for spreading the green around ! :D

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
/\\ http://opensuse.org -- I took the green pill