Re: [opensuse-marketing] openSUSE Logo Font
  • From: Francisco Arias <francisco.arias@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:04:23 -0300
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 10 March 2010 16:29:18 Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:
[...]
You are right, we cannot use the Cholla font for general use.  Jimmac
has created a very nice open sourced version of the font called Fifth
Leg, which some of us have used in presentations.  But you point out
accurately that we need to make this clearer to people what to use and
where to find it.

http://jimmac.musichall.cz/log/?p=441

Thanks for bringing it up,

Francisco, where did you find Cholla mentioned so that it can get changed?

Here: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-artwork/2007-06/msg00002.html
and here: http://lazyubuntu.com/open-source-project-logo-font-collections.html

BTW, download link at http://jimmac.musichall.cz/log/?p=441 is broken.
But I found an rpm package with the FifthLeg-Bold.ttf file installed
on /usr/share/splashy/themes/openSUSE but it needs to be installed
manually using KDE Control Center to be used on common applications
(like Gimp or OO).

Jimmac provides a otf version that cannot be installed using KDE Control Center.

Anybody taking this AI?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE,  aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}