Re: [opensuse-marketing] New site launched
  • From: Kálmán Kéménczy <kkemenczy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:03:24 +0100
Hi Henne

Just check out the svn

svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/opensuse/trunk/infrastructure/www.o.o/

and send a patch to opensuse-web@xxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks I will!

I mean discuss with us (also on opensuse-web) what you miss on www.o.o
and after we agreed on stuff you implement it for all pages instead of
just your own. That way not only you and opensuse.hu get features that
you miss and hungarian translation but everybody does. We strive to have
a consistent appearance all over the web! :)

- even if I will translate the framework, the news remain in English
and it makes Hungarian users confused (same problem with the weekly
news translation, I will translate the headlines but behind it there
is no localaized content)
- twitter and how to follow is missing, facebook and other community
stuff (if there are any)
- I want a smaller page without too much scrolling but more
interaction (I stoled the screenshot idea from opensuse.org and
scrolling idea from mozilla.org)... well this is really a jumpstart
- link to suse studio is missing to me
-
- we have a section where users can "order" media (same as Ubuntu ship-it)
- in the search section not clear that I can find a package as well
- participate section lying down on the bottom of the page and I like
to see straight tasks like:
* 2000 wiki pages needs to review
* 15 JJ bug already opened
* 250 string is not translated on your language

these are only my opinions... so let me know yours...

thanks
kalman