Re: [opensuse-marketing] build an art team
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:42:51 +0100
Hi,

Once the Art-Team will successfully make the package of good looking
artworks for openSUSE, will it be considered an *official* package or an
*unofficial* one?

Anything from the openSUSE Art-Team, once its formed, would of course be
official. What else would make something official? The project,
represented by the board, even can decide over the usage of the
trademark. So you shouldn't get hung up on this.

Oh and in general: I keep seeing that people bring this
official/unofficial topic up. Remember, this is our project! Everything
we do is official done by openSUSE! There is no other party involved
that needs to give its blessing or anything. The only thing that can
happen is that someone in the project disagrees with you and you have to
find a compromise that everyone is happy with. But apart from that
there is no process, committee or person who makes something official.
There is only us (yes, that means everybody that participates).

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson