Re: [opensuse-marketing] Suggestion for Ambassador program - Media
  • From: Ricardo Varas Santana <rivarass@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:03:38 -0400
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM, John Lange <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For example, if I burn a bunch of copies of OpenSUSE myself and try to
give them away, few people take is seriously and I suspect mostly then
end up in the trash. It's understandable really, would you trust
software handed to you on a burnt DVD from a stranger?

But nicely packaged in shrink wrap, you feel like you really got
something. Even the people who never use it are likely to hang onto it
longer and it acts as advertising.

You don't trust them because they could include some sort of undesired
apps? I think it's pretty much a trust act if you decide trying the
media or not, and if it's given in an event, sure you have someone to
blame :) Talking more seriously, I understand the point there. A DVD
sent by Novell looks a lot more professional and appealing.

Can someone fill me in on the details of the current ambassador/media
program (if any).

Well, as far as I know, you have to fill in an online form explaining
how many DVDs you need, and general/detailed information on how they
will be used, and then it's sent to Zonker. I haven't requested any in
a long time so not sure what's the URL nowadays.

Best regards.
--
Ricardo Varas Santana
openSUSE Member