[opensuse-marketing] Suggestion for Ambassador program - Media
  • From: John Lange <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:04:47 -0500
I'm new to the Ambassador program and I know something with regard to
media is already in place so please excuse any redundancy in this
suggestion.

When promoting OpenSUSE (or any OS/software), I find that having
nicely packaged media to give away makes a huge difference in peoples
perceptions.

For example, if I burn a bunch of copies of OpenSUSE myself and try to
give them away, few people take is seriously and I suspect mostly then
end up in the trash. It's understandable really, would you trust
software handed to you on a burnt DVD from a stranger?

But nicely packaged in shrink wrap, you feel like you really got
something. Even the people who never use it are likely to hang onto it
longer and it acts as advertising.

So, IMHO I feel that giving away OpenSUSE media is one of the best
ways of doing promotion.

Can someone fill me in on the details of the current ambassador/media
program (if any).

Thanks,
--
John Lange