Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: openSUSE 11.2 launch plan
  • From: John Lange <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 22:21:42 -0500
On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 13:45 -0400, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
Hi John,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM, John Lange<john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm new to this ambassador thing so I'm wondering what is the
availability of OpenSUSE11.2 media?

11.2 media will be available shortly after the launch date, but it's
unlikely we'll be able to have replicated media available by the
launch.

The first user group meeting after the release date would be December 1,
2009 so it might work out.

My plan for launch would be to announce it through our local Linux
user group and to give away media to everyone who's interested.

I've previously done demos for 10.X and 11.X so it's probably too soon
for a general OpenSUSE 11.2 demo but if someone has any ideas for
something a little more focused that I can demo using OpenSUSE then
that might be possible.

You might think about doing a WebYaST demo for 11.2 - that's a major
feature in 11.2.

I'm trying to get excited about Yast/Web but .... I think it should be
called, YaYaSTI (Yet ANOTHER YaST Interface).

I know you're thinking "this guy defiantly should not be on the
marketing list..."

Also: Desktop demos -- major new KDE & GNOME releases in 11.2. (KDE
4.3, GNOME 2.28)

Other thoughts?

It's not technically "OpenSUSE Release" related but SuSE Studio would
make a sweet demo but unfortunately I've never been able to get an
invite.

--
John Lange
http://www.johnlange.ca