Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: openSUSE 11.2 launch plan
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:45:26 -0400
Hi John,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM, John Lange<john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm new to this ambassador thing so I'm wondering what is the
availability of OpenSUSE11.2 media?

11.2 media will be available shortly after the launch date, but it's
unlikely we'll be able to have replicated media available by the
launch.

My plan for launch would be to announce it through our local Linux
user group and to give away media to everyone who's interested.

I've previously done demos for 10.X and 11.X so it's probably too soon
for a general OpenSUSE 11.2 demo but if someone has any ideas for
something a little more focused that I can demo using OpenSUSE then
that might be possible.

You might think about doing a WebYaST demo for 11.2 - that's a major
feature in 11.2.

Also: Desktop demos -- major new KDE & GNOME releases in 11.2. (KDE
4.3, GNOME 2.28)

Other thoughts?

Best,

Zonker