Re: [opensuse-marketing] twitter wall
Am Freitag, den 04.09.2009, 08:44 -0500 schrieb Bryen M Yunashko:
On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 13:52 +0200, S.Kemter wrote:
Hello friends,

I set up an Twitter wall for the conference. Thats an new custom from
the barcamps. There are services like twitterwallr.com

But we can do such things self :D I put a picture of the application
that I made on my server

http://karl-tux-stadt.de/tmp/Screenshot-1.png

Thats a snapshot from my laptop wit ha great screen, with an resolution
1024x768 it is perfect

The first row shows the twitterfeeds tagged with #osc09 the second
#opensuse I can show there an list with interesting blogentrys an news
from newspapers there what u think its better?

The third shows pictures from jiimacs flickrstream with his pictures
about his work an goblin and suse and pictures from the opensuse group.
Yaloki set up yesterday a flickr group for the conference when he is
filled the pictures would be showed there.

Make this generally sense to have such a thing, what u mean?

When u think yes we can put it on a server in www

br gnokii

I am a little confused about the purpose of this. The screenshot looks
great. But how is it to be used?

Will it be a big poster for people to see? Or?

I was thinking of putting up a giant poster where people can sign their
social network account names and others can freely collect that
information and connect to them. Is that what a twitterwall is supposed
to do?

Bryen

sorry for answer so late, normally give my mailclient an sound when a
mail arrieved today he was the whole da quiet. And I forgot to look in
my account.

That thing has two reasons. One is to get easier informed about osc09,
what other people think and say about it.
There is an subpoint to we plan a couple of thing with barcamp character
or unconference. This kind of communication can support informing when
an interesting thing going on.

Second reason is, it animate to report from osc09 and how more reports
from there, so much the better.

br gnokii

--
more