Re: [opensuse-marketing] How not to market free software
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:44:26 -0500
On Wednesday 26 August 2009 05:14:28 pm Bryen M Yunashko wrote:

The message we have to focus on is how this will do the job
they want to do.

Back to average Joe - whatever he wants is connected with multimedia, and I
can't offer with openSUSE (or any other Linux) easy way to have that.
I have to be present to install applications that will support that part of
Joe's interest.

How strong is that interest - so strong that he will ask me to remove Linux
(that is what he remembered) as he doesn't need it, and as explanation why he
doesn't leave it and use for safe browsing, will give me that he wants space
for windows. That is another thing he remembered.

So like Zonker basically says, forget about MS. Focus on us and the
good things we do!

So, what we do good.

Safe browsing, efficient communication, the most hardware drivers out of the
box, free to copy software on as many computers they want, firewall included,
preventive protection (AppArmor,SElinux) against any threat instead of only
known like antivirus.

Or, better, to be simple and understandable to Joe:
Using Linux you save money.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/