Re: [opensuse-marketing] Talking Points
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:35:24 -0500
On Saturday 11 July 2009 06:00:32 am S.Kemter wrote:

its always the same. Noobs come and ask which distribution is the best.
The correct answer for this question is no linuxdistribution. There are
many different of distributions for a many different kind of people.

The answer I give is:
There is many out there, but I recommend openSUSE:
- I use it since 1998
- tried few other, well known, and not so known, and always came back
- I can help you with issues. I don't know much about the rest and the help
for them is limited to general Linux issues.

Where is openSUSE better:
- support for problems is very often "in house", you don't have to wade trough
Internet to find solution
- how fast are addressed issues,
- how many issues are present,
- how much you have to learn before you can use it

Some can disagree that in recent years it is not the same as it once was, but
that is the problem with others too. Smaller developers teams in other distros
doesn't help them.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/