[opensuse-marketing] Talking Points
  • From: Kevin Gallagher <krgallagher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:52:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

Since this is a marketing mailing list, I thought it would be a good forum for
my marketing question.

When someone comes to me and asks "Which Linux distribution should I install?"
I answer openSUSE without thinking. The next question is harder; "Why?"

So that is my question. Why is openSUSE the best distribution?

I know what my answers are:

YAST - I believe it is the best administration tool out there.

LSB - If you have ever tied to compile a complex application from sources on
Fedora, you will understand why this is important to me.
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Distribution_Status

So let us make this a little bit more granular:

Why is openSUSE better than Fedora?
Why is openSUSE better than Ubuntu?
Why is openSUSE better than Mandiva?
Why is openSUSE better than Slackware?