Re: [opensuse-marketing] GNU/Linux
Am Donnerstag, den 18.06.2009, 02:11 +0530 schrieb Abhradip mukherjee:
As a community supporting Free Software Philosophy it is wise to use
the term GNU/Linux to make people aware of GNU and thereby of Free
Software Philosophy (if you say only linux, people will search over
the net on linux and might not come across gnu project
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-users-never-heard-of-gnu.html ). Also
sending out the correct message to the community at large is our
social responsibility. The people who oppose the idea do not have any
concrete reason. Anyone with little knowledge of history is aware that
the Free operating systems that we use today are the results of GNU
project and effort by FSF. We do not lose anything by giving due
credit to them, but we gain the stature of a brave community speaking
boldly of freedom. I request IMHO to this community to follow the
right track by showing respect to the effort that started it all.

I follow Joe there is an endless discussion about this. An you should
noted that was an final point!

br gnokii

--
more http://karl-tux-stadt.de/ktuxs