Re: [opensuse-marketing] Templates for Business Cards
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:53:45 -0400
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 1:44 PM,
S.Kemter<buergermeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 13:37 -0400 schrieb Chuck Payne:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Bryen M Yunashko<suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 18:12 +0200, S.Kemter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 17:37 +0200 schrieb Sascha 'saigkill'
Manns:
Hello Mates,

gnokii has given me today in interesting Ideas for our Business Cards.
We can see in:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Business_cards that fedora
has an own Program. The Program asks the Variables, and creates an Ready
for Printing PDF. The Program gives 2 Options for Order (2 different
Pribt Services).
We can try to build an package similar to them. Then we must search for
available Printservice. In my view Vistaprint
(http://www.vistaprint.com) are an good Printservice.
Maybe we (Zonker or other) can try to negotiate with the Printservice
about an abatement.

yeah. It's verey easy to use. She uses the FAS Fedora Account Services
and from there comes the personal information on the card.
I dont know such services exist for suse. But this way is good. We keep
safe all have the same cards, especially fonts maybe wallawalla. Then
must this font be installed with an package we can provide this.

br gnokii

--

Couple of things:

I had to quickly put together a business card before I attended a
conference several months ago.  I used Overnightprints.com to design it,
even though I am NOT an artist.  :-)

I had wanted to use our font instead of what I used at Overnight, but
the freely-available font currently in design by jimmac still is in
development and we can't freely use the Cholla one.  (is that right?
Cholla?)  So we need to get that finished first before we start coming
up with a standard business card for everyone to use.

This is the template as copied from Overnight.
http://www.bryen.com/images/buscard.jpg.  I had it printed on high-gloss
heavy grade paper with the corners rounded off.  It actually came out
nicely and if I had wanted to, I could have printed content on the
reverse as well.

If I remember from VistaPrints years ago, VistaPrints put their logo on
the back of every card.  I didn't like that.

--
Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member

Is there a template that we can use with OpenOffice. I am only asking
because tomorrow I am going to ALE monthly meeting tomorrow, would
like to have something that is standard. I can create one, but if
there already a template, I like to use that. I don't mind buy ones
later, but due to the timing, I want to make sure I have something.

http://en.opensuse.org/Marketing/Presentation

I hope this is what you mean

br gnokii

The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.
                -- Franklin P. Jones
OpenSuSE -- http://en.opensuse.org/User.Terrorpup
Skype -- terrorpup
twitter -- terrorpup
--
more http://karl-tux-stadt.de/ktuxs
http://www.xing.com/go/invita/11208336

br gnokii -- thanks, was looking for a business card template. Sorry,
but I will keep this one for when I do talks.

Chuck Payne