Re: [opensuse-marketing] T-shirt tagline?
  • From: "Randy Goddard" <ragoddard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:00:46 -0600
On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 12:50 -0300, Isis Binder wrote:

My opinion: we achieve more not by conflict.
People may think openSUSE is an Ubuntu-killer, like Silverlight was
meant to be a Flash-killer and JavaFX was supposed to kill...Java
itself ;-) (note: I don't see any Java programmer using JavaFX. They
still like the plain old Swing). This adds to the 'rivalry' between
distributions (like KDE vs GNOME or Vista vs Linux+Compiz vs Mac OS),
which I strongly disagree with (see Microsoft 'Get the Facts'
campaign...)

But it is a community...

You have an excellent point. My intent wasn't to cause conflict. Just
throwing out ideas. ;-)

--
R a n d y G o d d a r d
WorldWide Support Engineer

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue"

< Previous Next >
List Navigation
This Thread
  • No further messages