Re: [opensuse-marketing] Newsletter team - timezones
  • From: "Jan-Simon Möller" <dl9pf@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:20:30 +0100
Am Sunday 28 December 2008 23:45:47 schrieb Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier:
On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Satoru Matsumoto <helios_reds@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I know it's very difficult to find the best meeting hours for *all*
editors and translators, but I hope the announcement for the coming IRC
meeting would be at least one day prior to the meeting date, so that I
can set my alarm clock. ;-)

Indeed.

As a project, we have a bad habit of "announcing" meetings the day
prior -- which is essentially in many cases a reminder email to back
up what's on opensuse.org/Meetings (but AFAIK, the translator / weekly
news meeting isn't listed there).

Should we start putting this up on the meetings page?

We had no fixed time so far and met that day on irc inbetween 19h UTC and 22h
UTC.
But with the increasing number of crew members, the possibly new schedule
(testing in progress),
we should indeed find a fixed time.
Thats why I asked for the timezones - if we're lucky we can find a timeslot
which doesn't require
alarm clocks ;) .

To give a short overview - we have:

UTC-4
UTC-2
UTC+1
UTC+3
UTC+7
UTC+9

So min/max is -4/+9

According to
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=3&month=1&year=2009&p1=37&p2=45&p3=108&p4=232&p5=248&iv=0

there's a good window from 11:00 to 13:00 UTC.

Lets take 12h UTC for next Saturday and #opensuse-newsletter @ irc.freenode.net
then .

Best,
Jan-Simon