Re: [opensuse-marketing] Launch Party question from Chile.
  • From: Ricardo Varas <rvaras81@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:51:28 -0800 (PST)

--- On Thu, 11/20/08, llastra@xxxxxxxxxx <llastra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: llastra@xxxxxxxxxx <llastra@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [opensuse-marketing] Launch Party question from Chile.
To: opensuse-marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 3:35 PM
Hello there!
Let me introduce myself, I am Luis Lastra and I am an IT
engineer from
Chile. As a Linux and FLOSS fan, I have been participating
in some Chilean
events talking about Linux, applications and programming
languages.

After two year using openSuse with excellent results I have
decided
together with a
group of friends to create a LUG in our Region, and then we
realize that
there's no other openSUSE LUG in our Country.

This is our LUG :
http://es.opensuse.org/LUG/South_America/Chile

It's called LUGOS Chile (Local User Group Open Suse
Chile).

I know, we're a few people.... but we are going to grow
up!! We realize
that there are other users without any LUG in this lists...
and we're
going to invite them to participate.

And Here is the big question:

Can we make a Launch Party in our Region? It would be
interesting; we work
in diferents Universities and Institutes in this region and
we can talk
with users along
Chile and ask them to join us to spread the openSuse
project. There are a
lot of people interested in use Linux as Operating System
but they are
waiting to make their own
decision, and we wouldlike to help them.

There's a lot of stuff that we would like to do, as
developing solutions
using openSUSE and, obviuosly, spread openSUSE.

Thanks.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.

--
Atte.
Luis Lastra C.

Hola!
Glad to get this email =) since I am also from chile. I'm kind of new to
openSUSE but not new to linux, I have decided to use openSUSE now on, since it
fits me better than the popular debian based distro =) you know. Are you from
Conce? If so, it's too bad I live in Coquimbo.
Anyways, I am very interested in openSUSE and I'm planning on doing something
cool for the next FLISOL, talking about openSUSE and I hope I can get official
stuff to give away like DVDs, stickers, things people would like to have and
may make the difference.
Let's keep i touch, be good.

-Ricardo Varas.