[opensuse-marketing] Launch Party question from Chile.
  • From: llastra@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:35:25 -0300 (CLST)
Hello there!
Let me introduce myself, I am Luis Lastra and I am an IT engineer from
Chile. As a Linux and FLOSS fan, I have been participating in some Chilean
events talking about Linux, applications and programming languages.

After two year using openSuse with excellent results I have decided
together with a
group of friends to create a LUG in our Region, and then we realize that
there's no other openSUSE LUG in our Country.

This is our LUG : http://es.opensuse.org/LUG/South_America/Chile

It's called LUGOS Chile (Local User Group Open Suse Chile).

I know, we're a few people.... but we are going to grow up!! We realize
that there are other users without any LUG in this lists... and we're
going to invite them to participate.

And Here is the big question:

Can we make a Launch Party in our Region? It would be interesting; we work
in diferents Universities and Institutes in this region and we can talk
with users along
Chile and ask them to join us to spread the openSuse project. There are a
lot of people interested in use Linux as Operating System but they are
waiting to make their own
decision, and we wouldlike to help them.

There's a lot of stuff that we would like to do, as developing solutions
using openSUSE and, obviuosly, spread openSUSE.

Thanks.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.

--