Re: [opensuse-marketing] Unique about openSUSE?
  • From: "¡ElCheVive!" <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:17:48 -0200
2008/10/30 Denis Leslie <Denis.Leslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wednesday 29 October 2008 21:08:23 Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
Hey all,

One of the questions I am asked frequently: What makes openSUSE unique
among Linux distros?

It's a good, solid, well engineered, polished distro. It's good for beginners
because it's very well documented. The deciding factors that influenced me
when I chose SuSE 7.2 as my first distro were:

(a) I could buy the distro in a box from a local retailer with CDs, 2 printed
manuals, and 90 days installation support.

It's still possible to buy a box via the internet, with a DVD, 1 printed
manual, and 90 day installation support.

(b) The distro comes with electronic copies of manuals, including:

The openSUSE Start Up Guide
KDE and Gnome Quick Start Guides
The openSUSE Reference Guide
The KDE Guide

These are available in many languages, and are an excellent source of
information and education about the openSUSE distro.

I disagree.... These manuals are only in English and German...(and
these manuals are not explicit to the new user, its hidden somewhere
in the installed system...)

Regards,

Luiz