Re: [opensuse-marketing] spokesperson - first draft
  • From: Bryen <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:19:03 -0500
On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 11:09 +1300, Graham Lauder wrote:
Most of the above stuff I do on a regular basis and have become the
sort of defacto local OpenSuSE guy, however I would not be eligible to
become an OpenSuSE member because I don't contribute code and I'm not
greatly active on the website or wiki. However I'm bloody good at
standing up and addressing people, doing presentations, running
seminars and training courses and doing Demos. For instance I had a 4
station, OpenSuSE LTSP rig setup at the last Software Freedom Day and
had an OS 11 Boxed set (demoed an install next to an Ubuntu install
and
showed it up in terms of ease! Looked cooler too :D)

Don't let that stop you. If you're out there evangelizing openSUSE in
your presentations often enough, with the obvious intention of promoting
openSUSE, then you should definitely apply for membership. The website
and wiki is but a small corner of the larger community that is openSUSE.
--
Bryen Yunashko
Proud 2008 Candidate for openSUSE Board