Re: [opensuse-marketing] spokesperson - first draft
  • From: Bryen <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:14:22 -0500
On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 09:50 -0500, Bryen wrote:
On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 16:13 +0200, Andreas Demmer wrote:
Martin Lasarsch schrieb am Montag 29 September 2008:
we also need a name for it! :-) It would be similar to the
fedora ambassador or Ubuntu LoCo but most of us think that a unique name
for it would help a lot.

How about (best proposals first):
- Evangelists
- Spreaders
- Agents
_ Representatives
- Delegates
- Emissaries

Greets,
Andreas

Of all those suggestions, an emissary has the most dignified title.
However, it still gives out a negative connotation in that an emissary
is generally viewed as an outsider offering an olive branch of sorts.
Like it or not, people still have a knee-jerk reaction when they see
Novell (or SUSE by proxy). Example, with my IRC name, suserocks, I
walked into an irc LUG channel yesterday and immediately someone said
"Hide! It's the Novell lynch mob." Silly reaction, but 'emissary' does
boost that silly perception.

Other possible words? (taken from a thesaurus)
Envoy
Attache
Consul
Minister (Minister ADemmer has a nice ring to it)

--
Bryen Yunashko
Proud 2008 Candidate for openSUSE Board

Hmm... Just looked up a synonym for spokesperson... mouthpiece.

(Imagining how it would look on a business card)

Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Mouthpiece
U.S.- Midwest Region

..... naaaah... forget I mentioned it. :-)