Re: [opensuse-marketing] missing links on www.o.o
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:40:47 -0500
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 07:58 -0500, Bryen wrote:
Doing a "Find" on the home page, there is no GNOME, and the only KDE hit
was for a news article. People are going to want to find information as
soon as they visit the wiki (that's the reason they came here in the
first place.)

The same goes for the new Accessibility pages. People who are looking
for accessibility info are likely to need help ASAP because they are
unable to use their computers. :-)

I'm concerned about how we retain newcomers after they visit our wiki.

Bryen

Another issue with the search that I have is that it only searches the
wiki. It would be nice if we had a built-in search that searched
everything: News, Spotlight, Lizards, Forums, Download, software search,
etc.

Back to Martin's idea, I like the idea of creating a fourth box on the
front page. There should also be some little 11.0 ad, at least for
launch day if someone could come up with one on time (if there's
interest I'll make one real quick).
--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy
Public Mail <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>