Re: [opensuse-marketing] missing links on www.o.o
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 23:34:17 +0200
On Tuesday 17 June 2008, Martin Lasarsch wrote:
On Tuesday 17 June 2008 18:18:53 Marko Jung wrote:
Moin.

Michael Loeffler wrote:
On Tuesday 17 June 2008, Martin Lasarsch wrote:
IMHO the startpage is missing to much options the user have. We offer
beside download/wiki/obs a lot of other services which should be
promoted better.

I miss news, lizards and the forum. Maybe there are other pages
missing ...

The challenge is not to break the clear design.

Fully agreed.

My proposal:

make the 3 sections/icons we have now a little bit smaller in the
height and make a second row to add news/lizards/forum.

IMO thist already breaks the clear design
But I'm not a usability or design guy ;-)

How about keeping the three main icons (downloads, wiki, build service)
as they are and just adding a narrow icon for news, lizards and forum
below each of them.

hmm ... actually that will downsize the importance of news/lizards/forum,
but way better compared to how this is now.

IMHO they should all have the same size.
No, they shouldn't. Then we're on the straight way to have soon 12 or more
icons on the desktop and hide us in unclarity.
news, forums, lizards is just the beginning
What about shop, user directory? And I'm sure over time more will come.
No, we need to prioritize! Core is distro, wiki and OBS. Yes, the other stuff
should be offered easy to catch for everybody.

with kind regards,

Martin Lasarsch, Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5 90409 Nürnberg
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
martin.lasarsch@xxxxxxx - http://www.opensuse.org

--
Michael Löffler, Product Management