Re: [opensuse-marketing] MKTG: Helping Hands Project
  • From: Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jbrockmeier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:53:30 -0400
Bryen wrote:
Eventually, I envision a system where Helping Hands has a more top-level
role in openSUSE. Each section would manage its own Helping Hands
program, because obviously each section knows its users better. Each
would manage its own schedule. But at the top, it would be more
globally coordinated to ensure all Helping Hands "chapters", if you
will, be adequately publicized and unified.

Sounds like a very good idea.

I'd be happy to work on setting that up, if there is a global interest
expressed. Getting new users and KEEPING them is the cornerstone of a
great distribution, in my opinion.

Absolutely. It makes no sense to spend a lot of time discussing how to reach out to new users if we have no idea how to keep them involved after their first use of the system.

As soon as a schedule is determined this week, I'll let you all know
about it.

Thanks!

Zonker
--