Re: [opensuse-m17n] New IPA fonts in OBS M17N:Devel repo
  • From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:36:58 +0200
At Wed, 20 May 2009 08:19:14 +0200,
私 wrote:

At Wed, 20 May 2009 09:41:49 +0900,
Satoru Matsumoto wrote:

Takashi Iwai wrote:

I created packages for IPA fonts on OBS M17N:Devel repo (it's also a
new sub-project) for testing.

It's based on the new IPA fonts with a new, better license.
The major differences are:
- JIS X 0213:2004 compliant
- All fonts are OTF instead of TTF
- IPAUIGothic is dropped

It seems working fine on my systems, but any further tests would be
appreciated.

Suppose the packages work fine, any objections to replace the package
on FACTORY with this?

Thanks, Iwai-san.

The *new* IPA fonts have a known problem: in Qt applications, alphabets
are displayed as Zenkaku - full-width characters. I installed these
packages on my openSUSE 11.1 x86_64 box and confirmed the problem on
KDE4 desktop.

Thanks for the follow up!
Is it Qt4 or Qt3?

OK, I could reproduce it on my machine, too.
It looks like a known problem of Qt3 regarding OTF. A workaround is
simply convert from OTF to TTF.

Now the IPA font package on M17N:Devel repo does the conversion via
fontforge. Could you give it at try again?

thanks,

Takashi