[opensuse-m17n] Persian and CJK?
  • From: Stefan Müller <stefan.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:43:41 +0100
Hi,

I try to typeset the Persian word for grammar (see http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/transfer/persian-grammar/) using
unicode and CJK. But for reasons I do not understand, this does not
work. I can LaTeX the file, but the result does not resemble the Perisan
word. I guess the problems are somehow related to the spelling direction.

I attach my attempt and some files that indicate how it should look like.

Thanks and greetings

Stefan

PS I see Persian fonts in xemacs (very uggly), but only squares in emacs
(SuSE 10.2). Do I have to install special packages to make emacs aware
of Persian fonts?

Thanks

Stefan

--
Stefan Müller Tel: (+49) (+30) 838 52973
Fax: (+49) (030) 838 4 52973

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/