Re: [m17n] skim and option reloading
  • From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:16:03 +0000 (UTC)
Hello,

Mike FABIAN wrote:
>>(I use kconfig and scim-panel-kde.)
>>Setting the values and clicking Ok, Apply does not change anything.
>>Running now scim-config-agent --reload, reloads the modules but doesn't
>>change anything menu wise in skim.
>>
>Ah, you use skim.
>
>I have not yet tried this option reloading stuff with skim, usually I
>use only scim with the gtk panel.

I switched to scim (no skim) anymore and it improved, but:

- used input methods: I can call reload from the menu plus call --reload.
If I choose exit, it restartes but the hotkey does no longer work. If I
kill everything scim related, then the applet restarts (automatically)
and I finally get the updated input method.
=> Reported to scim bugtracker.

- somehow the trigger commands (control-s) have problems after such a
forced restart.

I think I will stay with scim and try very hard _not_ to set options
which require the restart of scim since this seems to cause problems.

Hopefully, in SUSE 9.3 it will work better.

Tobias

PS: The URL given in the scim.rpm file (http://scim.freedesktop.org/)
should be replaced by http://www.scim-im.org/ which is more useful.
scim-qtimm-0.8.5-2.1 contains the file /usr/bin/edittest. Is that one
really useful?

< Previous Next >