Re: [m17n] Japanese printing in Firefox
  • From: Mike FABIAN <mfabian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 00:40:50 +0000 (UTC)
Mike Shegedin <sandynomike@xxxxxxxxx> さんは書きました:

> You said:
> --------------------
>> Did SuSEconfig --module ghostscript-cjk
>> create the wrapper
>> /usr/share/ghostscript/Resource/CIDFont/Ryumin-Light
>> for you? If yes, what is in there? Should look like
> -------------------
> Mike, no, I don't have a wrapper for Ryumin-Light in
> that directory. All that is there is:
> . .. WadaGo-Bold WadaMaruGo-Regular WadaMin-Bold
> WadaMin-Regular
>
> I did check for the wrapper you suggested and the
> closest thing I could find was:
> ./usr/lib/ooo-1.1/share/psprint/fontmetric/Ryumin-Light-83pv-RKSJ-H.afm
> ./usr/lib/ooo-1.1/share/psprint/fontmetric/Ryumin-Light.Roman.afm
>
> which seem to have something to do with OpenOffice.

Yes, that is not relevant here.

> I double checked that ghostscript-cjk was in fact
> installed and performed SuSEconfig --module
> ghostscript-cjk again with no new results.
>
> So why wasn't the wrapper installed? My rpm of
> ghostscript-cjk would appear to be one made for
> SuSE9.1 while I'm running 9.2. Make a difference?

Why do you use the SuSE 9.1 rpm for ghostscript-cjk on 9.2?
There's no reason to do that, you should find the 9.2
version on your 9.2 CD/DVD set.

You can also download it from the 9.2 FTP version:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.2/suse/noarch/ghostscript-cjk-20021119-218.noarch.rpm

The 9.1 rpm might work on 9.2 but I never tested that. Better forget
that!

> The instructions you gave about getting into the
> wrapper seen to be beyond what I can do at this point
> in the game until we get the Ryumin-Light wrapper
> resolved. What do you suggest, Mike?
>
> BTW, you mentioned:
>> you
>> can look into /usr/sbin/ghostscript-cjk-config where
>> you will find:
>
> My system does not have "ghostscript-cjk-config"
> anywhere.

That's because you use an obsolete version of ghostscript-cjk.
Don't do that, update to the 9.2 version now!

In old versions of ghostscript-cjk I created the wrappers
directly in the bash script /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.ghostscript-cjk.

Then I added support for artificial bold and italic by creating
additional wrapper scripts and as this became awkward in bash I
switched to using a perl script /usr/sbin/ghostscript-cjk-config
called by the the bash script /usr/sbin/SuSEconfig.ghostscript-cjk
which became almost empty because the perl script did the main work
now.

--
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@xxxxxxx> http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。