cjk-latex, bibtex and utf-8
  • From: Gerhard Schuck <geschu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 07:05:57 +0000 (UTC)
I am using cjk-latex with the "Unicode support for LaTeX" extension (on SuSE
8.0) in order to use german umlauts together with Japanese in one text which
works fine. But I don't know how to use Japanese in a bibtex file. I tried it
the same way as in the main tex file: using the cjk-latex starting and ending
codes for japanese text inside of the bibtex entry (In fact I just entered
one word in Japanese into a title field), but the first latex run after the
bibtex run stops at the text in Japanese.

My bibtex file of course is encoded in utf-8 (like the tex file). And -- in
case that it matters -- I'm using the jurabib package.

I have no idea whether it is a question of usage, a general issue with bibtex
or a problem of jurabib. Or are there any special rules to use cjk-latex,
bibtex and utf-8 encoding together?

Best regards

Gerhard Schuck

< Previous Next >