Russian in StarOffice (was LPD)
  • From: Mike Fabian <mfabian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:37:45 +0000 (UTC)
cr0acker@xxxxxxx writes:

> And after i set locale I can freely edit russian texts in StarOffice
> 5.2 bu i can not print it. All i get is GREEK/LATIN/FINISH symbols which are
> usually in place of russian letters in non-russian code pages.

I don't know whether this is possible with StarOffice 5.2.

But you can upgrade to OpenOffice. It is on the SuSE Linux 8.0 CDs.

When you use Russian TrueType fonts in OpenOffice (or StarOffice 6.0),
they will be embedded into the PostScript output, just like with KWord
in KDE3. Then you can print Russian easily.

--
Mike Fabian <mfabian@xxxxxxx> http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。