Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-lxde (26 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-lxde] gmixer
  • From: Andrea Florio <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:49:52 +0200

Il 28/04/2010 08:41, Guido Berhoerster ha scritto:

Hello,

how about replacing the gmixer applet with the old
gstreamer-based gnome-volume-manager aka gst-mixer? It should
take considerably less memory then the whopping 22MB of gmixer.
Although the gst-mixer backend is deprecated it is still
maintained and part of gnome-media 2.30 and for the next openSUSE
release we'll probably have the rewritten mixer plugin for a
rewritten lxpanel anyway. It could be easily rebranded from
gnome-volume-manager to gst-mixer to allow parallel installation
with gnome-media based packages (Fedora offered that in F11).
What do you think?

gmixer is a cross distro choise.
it support multimedia keys and everything a user need.

i don't know about gst-mixer, more infos are required, as well testing.
IF that mixer have same features as gmixer, IF we can maintain the code
for at least 11.3 release support, IF it's resources less than gmixer,

than the change is welcome.

Regards
Andrea

- --
Andrea Florio
QSI International School of Brindisi Sys Admin
CISCO CCNA Certified
openSUSE-Education Administrator
openSUSE Official Member (anubisg1)
Email: andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx