Re: [opensuse-kernel] [CONFIG] Disabled options
On 08.05.12 at 18:57, Cristian Rodríguez<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El 08/05/12 02:44, Jan Beulich escribió:
On 07.05.12 at 18:53, Cristian Rodríguez<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El 07/05/12 03:48, Jan Beulich escribió:

Same case for CONFIG_HW_RANDOM_INTEL depends on X86_32&& !SMP

Since when and why?

There are no x86_64 motherboards with that chipset..

What is "that chipset" in this context? There's quite a list of different
ones comprising the driver's pci_tbl[]. And I personally have a Dell
system that's 64-bit capable and covered by the table.

The "Intel i810 Random Number Generator" is not present on any x86_64
machine,

Which is documented where?

only in old single processor, 32 bit systems (Pentium 2, 3..)

Definitely not for the "single processor part" - I've got a PIII
dual-socket Dell system that has one (which I had actually used
to put together improvements to the driver a couple of years
ago).

(not to be confused with newer RDRAND thing)

Of course.

Jan