Re: [opensuse-kernel] Calling acpi methods from userspace ?
On Tuesday, December 13, 2011, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I expect someone tried that already..., I would try to run the latest
Nvidia binary driver.

The linux nvidia driver does not support "optimus" and according to
google, X will not start if installed.

A boot flag pwroff_dev_if_no_driver=<pci-id> will indeed be very useful.

I rather thought about a per-device sysfs switch like "power_off_unused",
meaning "turn me off if there's no dirver" and (perhaps) a kernel command
line switch enabling (or disabling) that feature altogether.

Thanks,
Rafael