Re: [opensuse-kernel] Problems booting laptop Dell XPS 15z
On 09/12/11 17:47, Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 05:39:36PM -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 09/12/11 17:31, Greg KH wrote:

First, it requires acpi=noirq and i915.semaphores=1 to make it pass
the loader screen , otherwise it freezes completely...

In fact I did the install from an USB stick also..

That's the BIOS doing the USB storage emulation, it's not that USB isn't
working properly, what that option does is change the way ACPI handles
the interrupts (i.e. it doesn't do it.) So, without any interrupts,
your PCI USB controller can't be talked to by Linux.

So I would really try to not pass that option. What happens if you do
not add that option?

The USB port doesnt do anything and Boot sequence freezes with message :

[FIRMWARE BUG] ACPI(PEGP) defines _DOD but not _DOS

There are no BIOS updates available, in fact the box comes with a newer BIOS than the one mentioned as the latest in the support pages...

This is with kernel 3.2 RC3 from Kernel:HEAD (I chrooted into the installation to upgrade)