Re: [opensuse-kernel] Problems booting laptop Dell XPS 15z
On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 05:39:36PM -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 09/12/11 17:31, Greg KH wrote:

First, it requires acpi=noirq and i915.semaphores=1 to make it pass
the loader screen , otherwise it freezes completely...

In fact I did the install from an USB stick also..

That's the BIOS doing the USB storage emulation, it's not that USB isn't
working properly, what that option does is change the way ACPI handles
the interrupts (i.e. it doesn't do it.) So, without any interrupts,
your PCI USB controller can't be talked to by Linux.

So I would really try to not pass that option. What happens if you do
not add that option?

thanks,

greg k-h