Re: [opensuse-kernel] Need help to debug an non working Dell Precision M4600
El 17/07/11 14:14, Bruno Friedmann escribió:
Hi All, before posting a bug, I need your help to grab the maximum of
efficient informations
I will need to finally debug a trouble I have.

On a Dell Precision M4600 laptop, with a i7 2820QM proc, 16GB Ram
2 x seagate xt-momentus 500Go sata
Gfx quadro 2000M ( without optimus enabled )

+ openSUSE Factory : kernel 3.0-rc6 actually but tested with vanillia same
I get a the most following trouble :
shutdown -h works
shutdown -r crash after "kernel will now reboot the system"
And I need to cold reset the computer.

I've tried several boot flags combination, and finally discover that putting
noapic permit to have reboot working.
But then several things at least warnings come during boot.

First, is the machine's BIOS up to date ?