Re: [opensuse-kernel] BNC #608060 Status
On 06/08/2011 06:36 AM, Andi Sugandi wrote:
Hello developers!

I filled a bug[0] about a year ago, and now find it can be resolved by
installing these packages on openSUSE 11.4:

*Btw, is it needed by all of those three packages or only
rtl8192se-kmp-desktop to get the device work?*

from driver:/wireless/11.4-update repository.

Should I change the status to: RESOLVED - FIX *or* RESOLVED - UPSTREAM ?

Because I have no idea about the "resolved" process, whether it is
fixed by openSUSE Team or by upstream work.

Thanks in advance.

You should set the status to RESOLVED - UPSTREAM.

You needed both the -kmp-desktop and rtl8192se-firmware packages, but using all 3 only adds a little disk space.

BTW, kernel 3.0, which may be a part of openSUSE 12.1, will have the RTL8192SE driver built in. Then, only the formware package will be needed.