Re: [opensuse-kernel] kernel SLE11_BRANCH
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:58:46 -0500

On 01/14/2011 04:04 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 4:21 AM, Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5.1.2011 00:46, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
No, all that really needs to happen for that is for a Kernel:SLE11SP1
project to be created. I'm actually surprised that it doesn't exist
already.

Indeed it was missing, what a shame. It is there now.

Michal

Michal,

Thanks for that new project.

From what I see, the new repo / project is tracking every update of
the SLE11SP1 kernel.  ie. It sees almost daily updates.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/source_history?package=kernel-source&project=Kernel%3ASLE11-SP1

Was that intentional.  I would also like to have a project that only
tracks the released kernel.

Yes, these projects are updated regularly based on git repo commits.

AFAIK tracking SLE update releases isn't possible in OBS and that's not
something we're likely to add. The SLE update process happens in the
internal build service.

- -Jeff

Thanks Jeff. At least we now know.

Greg