[opensuse-kernel] How do I automate setting .config entries to "n"
  • From: <doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 00:27:46 +1000
Hello,
I get this abort message such as this example when compiling a package
which involves a kernel. and the .config file.

It always ends in 'aborted' at the end like this.
"Texas Instruments ADS7871 A/D converter (SENSORS_ADS7871) [N/m/y/?] (NEW)
aborted!"
or
"Compile Remote Controller keymap modules (RC_MAP) [M/n/?] (NEW) aborted!"

It falls over on a diferrent line in the .config each time I submit a
rebuild.
This is a slow process doing one item at a time.

Question. Is is possible to automatically set it so that (NEW) entries are
set and stored in the .config like this
CONFIG_{itemname}=n
Thanks Glenn

- So far its been a case of append the value to the .config eg
CONFIG_RC_MAP=n
- Then submit the build again, wait and encocounter the error on another
.config entry.

Here is a small list I struck so far. I added them in one at a time to the
.config and submit another build. Its a slow process.
CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE=""
CONFIG_COMPACTION=n
CONFIG_ACPI_HED=n
CONFIG_MFD_WM8994=n