Re: [opensuse-kernel] Current upstream kernel in OBS?
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:00:24 +0200
On 16.9.2010 15:45, Michal Marek wrote:
On 16.9.2010 11:21, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday 15 September 2010 19:46:03 Jeff Mahoney wrote:
On 09/15/2010 09:29 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
I just found the Kernel:Vanilla repository that contains a 2.6.32
kernel. ;-( Could somebody clean this one up, please?

Where do we track the upstream vanilla kernel? Is it possible for me to
just download every day current git compiled as rpm and install it?

It's possible, but sort of pointless. We have kernel-vanilla as part of
Kernel:HEAD.

But that one comes from our own git and is not tracking Linus' tree
directly,
or is it?

Yeah. A semi-automatic build of the latest upstream git would be nice,
but is not in place ATM. It should not be that hard to set it up, though.

I created a "vanilla" branch in git that will be automatically updated
to the latest Linus' tree. The builds will appear in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/vanilla/standard and
in KOTD. Right now it's pretty boring, because it has the 2.6.36-rc5
release that we have in master already :).

Michal