Re: [opensuse-kernel] XFS/ext4 temporary data corruption and possible fix
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 22:49:01 +0200
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 16:36:26 +0200
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It's impossible to fix the problem without changing the ->end_io callback
(more information has to be passed into the callback).
For SLES 11 SP1, we'll have a terrible hack so that KABI is preserved
but what should we do for 11.3? Do we take KABI issues there seriously
enough that it warranties doing the same hack or can we afford to change
the KABI?

What kind of external modules might be affected?
If GFX drivers and VMware (does it still exist?) are not affected, I guess
nobody will care too much for 11.3

For SLES it's of course a different issue because there are lots of 3rd
party commercial filesystems etc (and I'm just guessing that they might be
more affected by this change).

Or is this a core change that will break every single module?

(I personally don't care at all, since on my hardware I don't need any
external modules)

Have fun,

seife
--