Re: [opensuse-kernel] New wiki page for "Kernel of the day"
  • From: Brandon Philips <bphilips@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:11:10 -0700
On 16:54 Thu 29 Jul 2010, Stephen Shaw wrote:
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 16:41, Brandon Philips <bphilips@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All-

The Kernel of the Day is an useful tool for bug fixing and testing but
using it isn't well documented. So, I created a wiki page based on the
notes that I often paste into bug reports:

 http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Kernel_of_the_day

Please expand if you have anything to add.

Thanks,

       Brandon

If I was to install the KOTD does it just add the kernel to the list
of available kernel in grub, or does it replace the installed kernel?

Good point. If you follow the directions on the wiki it will upgrade your
kernel-default.

I added directions for installing the KOTD in parallel with your current
Kernel: http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Kernel_of_the_day#Testing_Kernel_of_the_Day

Cheers,

Brandon