Re: [opensuse-kernel] Kernel 2.6.34-rc2 hangs on one of three systems
  • From: Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:43:56 -0500
On 03/25/2010 10:16 AM, Johannes Obermayr wrote:
Hi,

I installed Kernel 2.6.34-rc2 on three systems (all 11.2 with Kernel:HEAD
repo). Two of them do not have any problems - they seem even a bit faster
compared to 2.6.33.

But on one system (MSI K7T Turbo [MS-6330] with a AMD Duron 900) the kernel
hangs at an early stage (all flavors). It is so early that I cannot provide
any logs and only the reset button works then.

Can you please tell me what I have to do for providing useful information?

Btw. I am not really familiar with kexec and kdump ...

Does the boot splash screen come up? If so, hit ESC to clear it, then report the
last line output. If that line is "Loading basic drivers", you might try adding
"ipv6.disable=1" to the GRUB option line before booting.

The other options are to set up netconsole or a serial console to capture the
boot log.

Larry