Re: [opensuse-kernel] novfs: replace MUTEX by sema functions
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:50:04 +0100
On 3/7/2010 at 16:55, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The "right" thing to do is to pick out the pieces of the novfs code that
are not in ncpfs and add it to the existing ncpfs codebase. However, in
the end, this is a dead end as users are using the cifs interface on
their netware servers more and more these days and have migrated away
from the novel file system api due to some restrictions that it had.

That's a lovely theory but I wonder in how many businesses you went to get to
this statement? I've seen quite some Netware networks recently and in
none was CIFS used as the primary access method (where it was activated it was
there for some scanners that can't do novell file systems, but that can
do cifs).

Dominique